Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sewing Project-Complete


One thing that I can never seem to find time for is sewing. I think because I don't have a lot of experience it takes more concentration, on the other hand I seem to be able to whip up food with chaos all around, but I've had more practice. But I did manage to put together this birthday crown, banner and bag (card will be framed) for a gift. All of the ideas are from Soule Mama's first book The Creative Family. I have a love/hate relationship with her blog (I'm probably committing a crime by stating that). It seems mathematically impossible to achieve everything she does in a day. She's got four kids and one on the way and it still seems like she's knit 28 sweaters already in 2011 not to mention publishing her third book, redoing a 200 year old farm house, homeschooling her kids, and keeping a daily blog. Hmmm, I think I'm missing something critical on how this is humanly possible. Maybe she doesn't sleep? Maybe her kids are very independent. I've thought it over a lot and I just don't get it. But, I'm happy to be achieving what I do I'm just a bit envious I can't fit a book deal into the mix.

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha! You know she only blogs about the good stuff! And her hubby works from home (if he works???), she has several older children (i.e. can cook, clean, etc. for themselves) and they are unschoolers as well. It is possible, just maybe not as glamorous :-)

    ReplyDelete